Monday, January 11, 2010

Patience

I realized that this blog pretty much consists of what God is teaching me, what emotions I have had that day, or things that I'm dealing with. It doesn't actually say anything about what I'm doing or what my life is like now. I don't think I will change my blog too much, but I'll try to be better about adding more "personal" random things that are going on in my life. It's hard to keep my spiritual life and my regular life separate when I work at a church! That's probably a good thing.

I had good weekend. Didn't accomplish anything besides getting my kitchen cleaned up, reading a book, and some of my Bible study. A couple of my co-workers and I are going through Beth Moore's study on Esther. It's been good so far. My stove top decided to pop again and sparks flew this time......I turned it off via the breaker. Repair men came to fix it last week, but when they turned it back on, the stove gave the same loud pop that I had heard weeks ago. They are supposed to return this week with another part...can't wait until I can cook again.

Work is good, very busy with some added duties lately. That's ok, although I do not have a hard time going home to an "empty" house, it still is nice to have so much work that you can't think too much. :) Please don't think that I'm doing what some psychologist would tell you that I am doing, avoiding, throwing myself into work so that I don't have to deal with things. That is not the case, believe me. I'm a workaholic from way back.

Ok, enough of that, back to my normal blogging discussions.

I am not a very patient person. I should be, I've had great teachers (the people who have been so patient with me these last six months). I feel like I'm a little kid trying to see over the counter but not quite being able to see because I'm too short. (Yes, Dad, I'm finally admitting it.) I'm not being very patient lately when it comes to wanting to know what God has in store for me, the plans He has for me. I want to see what is around the next bend. I want to speed things up a little so I can finish getting my "house" in order. There are things that are held up right now that aren't allowing me to take some other steps that I need to. I hate living in limbo like I have been, I'm ready for things to settle down and to have that "boring" life. Hey, I can always hope!! Unfortunately, I then read quotes like this: "We turn to God for help when our foundations are shaking, only to learn that it's God who is shaking them." ~ Charles West. I think He likes to do that to me! :) It's ok though, keeps me relying on Him. Anyway, that is where I am after this weekend. I know, He makes everything beautiful in HIS time, but that doesn't stop me from wanting to help Him along! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment