Thursday, January 7, 2010

Amazing Love

I love music, and I have lots of favorite songs. I live about eight minutes from my job, so there isn't a lot of time to listen to the radio. In those few minutes I was in the truck these past two days, I have heard both of the following songs twice. "Lead Me to the Cross" by Chris & Conrad and "I Know My Redeemer Lives" by Nicole C. Mullins. Some of the words are below (the ones that made me think)

Lead Me To the Cross


Chorus:
Lead me to the cross
Where Your love poured out
Bring me to my knees
Lord, I lay me down
Rid me of myself
I belong to You
Oh Lead me, lead me to the cross


Redeemer Lives


The very same God
That spins things in orbit
Runs to the weary, the worn and the weak
And the same gentle hands that hold me when I'm broken
They conquered death to bring me victory

Now I know, my Redeemer lives
I know my Redeemer lives
Let all of creation testify
Let this life within me cry
I know My Redeemer lives.

Hearing these songs made me think of another song by Nicole C. Mullins, "Call on Jesus"

Weary brother
Broken daughter
Widowed, widowed lover
You're not alone
If you're tired and scared of the madness around you
If you can't find the strength to carry on

Chorus:
When I call on Jesus
All things are possible
I can mount on wings like eagles and soar
When I call on Jesus
Mountains are gonna fall
'Cause He'll move heaven and earth to come rescue me when I call

Call Him in the mornin'
In the afternoon time
Late in the evenin'
He'll be there
When your heart is broken
And you feel discouraged
You can just remember that He said
He'll be there

I am overwhelmed sometimes at how amazing God's love is for me. Take the words "the very same God that spins things in orbit, runs to the weary, worn and the weak." Think about that for a second. The God that controls everything in this universe cares about the weary, worn, and the weak. He cared so much for us that He died on the cross for us, "where His love poured out". He is there all the time and because of that "I am never alone and I can call on Him at anytime". When He draws us to Himself, He asks us to obey Him in all that we do. Why is that so difficult for me to remember that I need to trust and obey (there's another song!) the Person that is in control of EVERYTHING?!

This week, I also came across a quote by Corrie ten Boom. For those who don't know her, she was a survivor of the Holocaust. "You may never know that Jesus is all you need, until Jesus is all you have." She only had Jesus to turn to in the concentration camps, and I couldn't imagine what she went through. It makes my struggles seem small. I have never been persecuted, never been without food, clothes, etc., and in all honesty have had a fairly easy life. I know this may sound strange to some of you, but I am grateful that I have been able to experience a small part of that quote. Jesus is all I need, and my sole desire should be to pursue Him with my entire being. "Bring me to my knees, Lord, I lay me down, rid me of myself, I belong to You, lead me to the cross."

No comments:

Post a Comment