Sunday, January 31, 2010

Long Day

Today was a long day, complicated by lack of sleep this weekend. My sleeping patterns are a mess, I wish my sleep was more consistent. Can't be helped though, I have a hard time taking my problems and shoving them into a corner before I go to bed. I could leave them in God's hands but that would be too easy. :)

I did get to work with 1st grade girls this morning. I wasn't too keen on helping because of the long day I knew I had ahead of me, but I was glad I did. The girls were great, and I enjoyed seeing/helping the girls look up the Bible story in their Bibles. It was cool to see them taking turns reading the story and their eagerness to answer the questions. It made me smile.

Tomorrow marks 200 days. I haven't been counting, I have a counter on my computer that I happened to open up today. Time is flying by. Someone said once that there will come a time that you don't think about your loss every minute of every day. I didn't think that would ever happen. This weekend I realized that it does happen. I always picture the "widow" sign flashing above my head and that's how I am defined. What made me realize that I wasn't thinking about my loss every minute was me forgetting that I was a widow. I wonder how long that has been going on and I didn't realize it......but don't mistake that as forgetting Jared....not happening.

4 comments:

  1. First grade girls - huh? Then you were working with my little granddaughter. Blond hair - hazel eyes. I call her Poopy - but officially she goes by Airyn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I think I was. She must have been good because I would have distinctly remembered. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure she was. I could try to take credit and say I taught her everything - but her mom won't let me "share" some things I do with her. Anyhow - she and I are pretty tight. So.....do you like that age group? Or were you just filling in? and by the way - what the heck is your function anyway?!? I see you everywhere now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just filling in on Sunday. My function...I am kinda the one that is everywhere. Someone was gone upstairs last Sunday so I was helping up there. I'll be back to my normals spot this Sunday!

    ReplyDelete