Monday, March 1, 2010

Weekend

Great day at church. Good sermon, it gave me a lot to think about. The sermon was about how if we give Satan an inch, he'll take a mile. We need to constantly be on the alert, guarding ourselves against the devil, putting our focus on Christ. It was a good reminder but convicting also.

I had a good weekend. Sadness though, the Olympics are over, I'm not going to know what to do with my evenings. Well maybe I do, I might actually get my kitchen and closet organized! But back to the Olympics, it was a great hockey game, too bad team USA didn't win. I would like to visit Canada, they did a great job at promoting their country. I've been to Canada, but it was as a child, I would probably appreciate it more now, as an adult.

I did some sewing this weekend....domestic, I know. :) It was one of the few times I've done a sewing project without wanting to rip my hair out. The sewing machine had quite a bit of dust on it and it is now back to collecting more! Maybe I should pull it out again and finish my ten year quilt project. That "year" number keeps getting bigger......:)

Saturday was moving day. Thankfully, instead of having to sell my house, the Lord provided roommates for me. I wasn't the one who had to do the moving!! My friends are getting settled in and it is nice to have the company. My life is changing more and more. This is where God has me right now and hopefully I'm continuing to follow His footsteps in the manner that HE wants me to. I am so grateful that He continues to take care of me. He promises to do it and going through a trial has allowed me to see His hand work in my life in amazing ways!

A co-worker of mine sent this verse to me last week, a great reminder.

Psalm 138:8 The Lord will accomplish what concerns me. Your lovingkindness, O Lord, is everlasting; do not forsake the works of Your hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment