Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Leaks

There are some days that I feel burdened down with life. So far, that is what this week has consisted of. I just told someone that I would like to run away from home.

Saturday, I heard some strange noises in my bathroom. I had very little hot water when I took a shower. I thought the water heater was constantly running and called my home warranty company to send someone to look at it. Well, Sunday afternoon I walked into my bathroom and the floor was quite warm. At first I thought it was because the sun was streaming through the skylight. Funny thing, when it was pitch dark outside, the floor was still hot. Before I even called my brother to come over, I figured out that I had a slab leak. Houses in Midland, TX aren't built on foundations, they are built on concrete slabs and the water pipes are put in the concrete (at least that's what I understand). I have a leak in one of the pipes. Fixing it will entail going through the bathroom floor, through the concrete, to get to the pipe. Thankfully, there is a guy at work who is a plumber and he's going to help get it fixed.

I will admit, I was mad when I found this new problem. I actually punched the wall with my fist, I'm not a redhead for nothing! One of the thoughts that I had, and this is really one of the first times that I've had this kind of thought, "Jared, you are supposed to be here to deal with these kinds of things!!" I've said that I pretty much used to my life as it stands now, but it's during these times that I miss having that person tell me that it is going to be ok, it's no big deal. Yes, my brothers told me that, but it just isn't the same. I hate the fact that I have to call my brother and take him away from his wife, especially since he already works so much. He didn't sign up to have to take care of me and my problems. I couldn't help but think again, "how much more do I have to go through". Since Jared passed away, I've dealt/dealing with wrecking a truck, my stove and dishwasher breaking, needing a new roof, now a slab leak. Not to mention all the legal/financial and other random things I've dealt with to get the estate settled. I know there has been other things too. I keep reminding myself that I love my life, but sometimes I get frustrated. I know life isn't going to be easy, but can I just have a little break from it all!?!?! Add on the issue of being exhausted already this week, that problem is usually towards the end of the week when the lack of sleep adds up. I know I'm complaining and that will get me no where, but I needed to vent and have a pity party!!

No comments:

Post a Comment