Sunday, March 21, 2010

March Madness

What can I say, I love sports! College basketball is a favorite. I love the first weekend of this madness, filled with upsets (we won't talk about WI), overtime games, just a lot of fun. This tournament is followed by the next best season....baseball. I love baseball, the Atlanta Braves to be exact. I would like to go to every baseball stadium in the country. I should really get started on that goal...I've been to one. Throw a little hockey into this time of year and it's perfect. The Stanley cup...what more can you say?! I went to an Odessa Jackalopes hockey game last night. Not quite the hockey that I remember in the north, but a good game none the less. The coach from the visiting team was ejected, along with a couple of players from that team also. A pretty good fight thrown in too. Odessa won and I enjoyed the time spent with some friends and family.

Hard to believe the weekend is over. I've had an enjoyable weekend. I was able to get some yard work accomplished. My flower beds in the front courtyard area are almost cleaned out. I had no idea there were that many leaves in such a small area. Six 40 gallon-sized bags full of leaves and whatever else had blown in! I borrowed a hedge trimmer and I must say that the power "tools" of yard work are much more fun than the manual labor tools, i.e. a rake. It was a beautiful day to get the work done and I really enjoyed doing it. The best part of the day was dinner at the Reeds with family and friends, and some hot tub time afterward.

Our pastor had a great sermon this morning. I am so blessed to attend a church where sound doctrine is preached and I come away from Sundays either encouraged or convicted. I must say that I prefer the encouraging sermons, but I know I need the convicting ones as well. Today's sermon was entitled "A Daily Fight for My Fullest Joy". When we fully trust God and ask for wisdom regarding HIS will for our lives, we can experience the joy that only God can give us. I'm paraphrasing here. We should constantly be in the Word, dying to ourselves, pursuing Godliness, waiting on the Lord, asking for His wisdom, and being transformed into His likeness so that we can bring honor and glory to His name. (My comments now.) It isn't about us!!! Yes, God loves us, that's why He died for us, but it still is all about Him. He brings us through trials to refine us and make us more like Him, but the ultimate reason is not for us, it is for HIM and His glory. Our joy will be complete when we die to ourselves and give Him glory for everything. I hope this makes sense.....

Anyway, I need to go to the store, food is mighty sparse around this house. Hope you all have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment