Friday, March 12, 2010

Peacocks

I have felt awkward sharing this story with everyone. Kinda seemed like I was tooting my own horn, and that's not what I want to do. Here goes anyway, because I want to remember this at a later date.

A friend of mine came to me a couple of weeks ago and asked (with tears in her eyes, she's so sweet!) if she could take a picture of me for a photography class. The homework was to tell a story using a photo. She proceeded to tell me that she had read recently about peacocks and their feathers. Every time a feather is lost, when it grows back it is "stronger, bigger, more resilient and more vibrant" (to quote her). She said that she thought of me and my strength. She wanted to take a picture of me and somehow incorporate peacocks into it. The following pictures are ones that she took, using that concept.






The only reason that people think that I am strong is because they see the strength that God gives me.. It is nothing in and of myself. It is cool to be compared to something that gets stronger as it grows back. I'd like to think that I'm growing again, getting stronger with each day. I feel like I am. I don't remember that I'm a widow every moment of every day anymore. I can go even a couple of days without tearing up even, and I don't cry half as much as I used to! God's strength is amazing. I read stories of people who have lost a spouse, and my heart goes out to them when I can tell that they are trying to walk this path alone. It has to be so difficult for them. I pray that God continues to use me. I cringed sometimes when I think about how many people are watching me. I just know that I'm going to fail. I'm not perfect. That is when I have to remember that it isn't about me, it is about Christ and His perfect will for my life. He knows I'm going to fail too, and He will use those failures for His glory!

Seek the LORD and His strength; seek His face continually. I Chronicles 16:11

The LORD is my strength and my shield; My heart trusts in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart exults, and with my song I shall thank Him. Psalm 28:7

The LORD will give strength to His people; the LORD will bless His people with peace. Psalm 29:11

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

May we all remember to lean on the Lord and His strength!

P.S. Isn't this photographer amazing! She is a wonderful person too!

2 comments:

  1. Wow!! Beautiful pictures - beautiful story! What a great way to tell a story using a photo. I bet she gets an A!

    ReplyDelete
  2. boy oh boy, that feather sure is pretty!!! yuk......yuk......yuk!

    ReplyDelete