Monday, March 15, 2010

Can't think of a title

There are some days that thinking up a title for the post is too difficult and this would be one of them. :)

Midland, Texas weather is fascinating.

On Saturday it warmed up to about 70 degrees and we (my roommate and I) were able to get outside and rake up some of the leaves in the back yard. We filled five trash bags up and we didn't even dent the actual yard. The trees in my yard are beautiful, so I guess the work is worth it....maybe. My brother came over, cleaned out the gutters and pushed the leaves and pine needles off of the top of the shed. Reminder: have the brother come over and do that prior to cleaning off the deck, less work.

Sunday was especially nice, around 80. I pulled a comfy chair out on the deck (which is off of my bedroom) and read, tried to sleep, listened to the neighbors call for their cat Shelby for about 1.5 hours, played Words with Friends (Scrabble) and managed to get sunburned. Sunburn wasn't bad, just enough to notice that I was pink.

Monday...high in the 40s and rain. Dreariness, but I know we should never complain about rain in west Texas. We can always use it.

I heard a song today, twice, Cry Out to Jesus by Third Day.

Chorus:
There is hope for the helpless
Rest for the weary
Love for the broken heart
There is grace and forgiveness
Mercy and healing
He'll meet you wherever you are
Cry out to Jesus, Cry out to Jesus

I don't really have anything to say about that, other than I thought of Matthew 5:

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.
Blessed are the gentle, for they shall inherit the earth.
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.
Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy.
Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the sons of God.
Blessed are those who have been persecuted the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are you when men cast insults at you, and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely, on account of Me.
Rejoice, and be glad, for your reward is heaven is great, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

One certain verse stood out. I know this will be a shock: Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted. Two things about that verse. The first one "blessed are those who mourn", it actually says blessed!! Wrap your head around that! I'm blessed in mourning, who woulda thunk it! The next line, "for they shall be comforted". God promises comfort. There is no possibilities like, "they may be comforted" it is an absolute, "they shall be comforted". That is so encouraging.

I'm having a perfectly fine day, these are just some thoughts that I had today.

No comments:

Post a Comment