Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Better, Seasons

Sleep does wonders for me. I was able to sleep through the night last night and I feel much better today. When I'm not in a good mood my posts aren't very uplifting are they?! Sorry about that.

I came across a couple of verses on my "verse of the day" calendar today that were interesting to me:

Song of Solomon 2:11-12 For behold, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone. The flowers have already appeared in the land; the time has arrived for pruning the vines, and the voice of the turtledove has been heard in our land.

I've been thinking about them off and on today. Spring is kinda here in Texas. It is going to be about 70 degrees every day this week. Winter is past, at least I hope so, things are beginning to look green, the trees are beginning to bud, and there are lots of birds around. The flowers have even begun to bloom, here are a couple that bloomed a few weeks ago at my house, I have more coming up!



FYI-That flower bed looks much better now that it is cleaned out!

Back to the verse, I've been thinking about it in terms of life. Ecclesiastes 3 tells us that there is a time/season for everything, that God makes everything beautiful (appropriate) in HIS time. Not only do we go through the changes in the weather seasons, we go through changes/seasons in our lives. I've been a season these last few months. Some days it feels like a winter season, and other days feel like summer, with some spring and fall days thrown in. It all depends. Even though yesterday was a frustrating day, it wasn't a winter day, more like a fall day, and today was more like summer day. I pray that as God keeps refining me, the season of my life also changes. I love the fact that it is spring here, and I do feel like there is a spring season happening in my life. A renewal, an excitement for what God is planning, a hope for what the future holds.

Jeremiah 31:17 "There is a hope for your future," declares the Lord.

Psalm 38:15 For I hope in You, O Lord; You will answer, O Lord my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment