Saturday, April 24, 2010

Conference

I attended a Beth Moore simulcast today. The subject was on insecurities and how to move on from them. I loved her first quote, "insecurity is not a weakness, it is unbelief that God will do what He says." This may sound arrogant, but today I was trying to think of something that I am insecure about. As far as appearance, (yes, there are things about myself that if I could change, I would) I don't really compare myself to other people. I like to look nice, but as far as dressing in the lastest fashions, I don't really care. My hair is in a ponytail or hat most of the time because I care more about sleeping than styling my hair. On most days, my make-up consists of mascara and that is only because I look like I'm half awake if I don't wear it! I am a no nonsense kinda girl. I am a bit of a people pleaser, so I probably do have insecurities but I can't pinpoint specific ones.

There were some things that stood out to me during Beth's talk. At one point she used Proverbs 31:25: Strength and dignity are her clothing and she smiles at the future. Beth made the point that this woman could smile at the future because she is secure in Christ and knows that He holds the future in His hand. I never looked at it that way. She trusts God.

Grace was another topic. By the grace of God, I am a new creature. She asked a good question. "How much do we take God up on His grace?" According to scripture, God's grace is sufficient, I Corinthians 12:9, but I know for myself, I don't always believe that. I try to take over because I don't feel like He is doing a good enough job. That isn't what I think when I try to do it myself, but ultimately, that is what I am telling Him when I do try to take over.

Lastly, the subject that really stood out to me was on love. It stood out because this week, God has been showing me other things about love in my Scripture digging on a different topic.
Ephesians 5:1-2, Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children and walk in love, just as Christ also loved you, and gave Himself up for us, and offering and a sacrifice to God as a fragrant aroma.
Remembering that I am loved is a difficult thing for me. I will admit that I got used to "love you" said to me all the time by Jared and it is something that I miss greatly. Yes, I know that I am loved by others, but having that one special person tell you that is wonderful. Someone mentioned to me last week, "Your husband is your Maker", Isaiah 54:5. I've thought about that on and off all week. Today it hit me (again), I am loved by the One who can love me like none other. I am His beloved child!
I John 4:18-21 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love. We love, because He first loved us. If someone says, "I love God," and hates his brother, he is a liar; for the one who does not love his brother whom he has seen, cannot love God whom he has not seen. And this commandment we have from Him, that the one who loves God should love his brother also.
When we truly believe that God loves us as we are, we can trust Him with everything. To tie this back to insecurity.....if we trust Him completely, we have security!

Sidenote: she also talked about forgiveness in the "love" part of her talk. I loved when she told us that even if a person doesn't want to be forgiven, do it anyway, just to spite them! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment