Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter and otherness

I had a great Resurrection Sunday. I got a few, how are you doing, especially since it is a holiday etc. I'll admit, Easter wasn't one of the major holidays at our family's house. Yes, it is a special day, we had the Easter dinner and all that, but that was about it. Ok, we also dressed up in our finest! :) But I think the reason that it wasn't a bad day was because of the reason for the day. Jesus rose from the dead to give us eternal life! If we didn't have any reason to celebrate this, I wouldn't know that Jared was in heaven. I could rejoice this past Resurrection day because of Jesus love for us and I couldn't help but sing Hallelujah! We sang a song on Sunday that I just loved. It was called "God Be Praised". Here are the words:

You saved my life from death
When I was all defeated
You spoke Your promises
And brought life to my weakness
Came as a conquering King
And You warred for my freedom
My soul can’t help but sing
Hallelujah

You opened up my eyes
For the first time I saw You
Your love commanding life
And deserving devotion
You told me who I am
Now in faith I believe it
My soul can’t help but sing
Hallelujah

You’ve made a place for me
Silenced all my accusers
Leading me forth with peace
Filled with joy I will follow
Your cross demands my life
Now Your grace is my anthem
My soul can’t help but sing
Hallelujah

Hallelujah, we’re redeemed and made free
By the blood of the Lamb We have won
Hallelujah, we will sing victory
Jesus conquered the grave
God be praised

I couldn't help but cry (happy tears) on Sunday when I heard this song, and especially when the entire congregation stood up in worship. It really was amazing! We are so blessed, we have victory in Jesus because He conquered the grave!! I'm still smiling!

Anyway, I came across some verses this week that I wanted to share.
2 Samuel 22, specifically verses 2-3. The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold and my refuge; My Savior, You save me from violence.
Prov. 18:10 The name of the Lord is a strong tower, the righteous runs into it and is safe.

Those are so powerful. Look at the result of what we have if we are one of His children. What do we have to fear? God is everything that we need! I know I have said all this before, but God has been reminding me of this all again this week. We are planning our 5th/6th grade camp and the basis is going to be the names of God and how He is our source for all our needs. It has been great to sit in the meetings and be encouraged!

It's been a busy week, but a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment