Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Understanding

I am not skilled to understand
What God hath willed, what God hath planned;
I only know that at His right hand
Is One Who is my Savior!

I take Him at His word indeed;
“Christ died for sinners”—this I read;
For in my heart I find a need
Of Him to be my Savior!

That He should leave His place on high
And come for sinful man to die,
You count it strange? So once did I,
Before I knew my Savior!

And oh, that He fulfilled may see
The travail of His soul in me,
And with His work contented be,
As I with my dear Savior!

Yea, living, dying, let me bring
My strength, my solace from this spring;
That He Who lives to be my King
Once died to be my Savior!

I have loved this song for years, and enjoyed playing it many times in church. I recall when I was about fifteen years old, when my family was moving once again. At our "going-away" party, a wonderful family friend said something about each one of us. I don't remember exactly what he said when it came to me, however, I do remember him using this song. I heard this song today and I couldn't help but think about how fitting it is now in my life. This song sums up a lot, I'm not skilled to understand God's plans, but I can take Him at His word, because He died and became my Savior!

I said that God is challenging me again. I have been trying to figure out where I stand in regards to some passages of Scripture. This has been a little frustrating for me, because it has been confusing and difficult for me to understand. Hearing the above song today made me think that God has me where He wants me and He will reveal to me what He wants me to know in His timing. I can rest in that knowledge and in Philippians 1:6, that He who began a good work in me, will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus. Don't get me wrong, that doesn't excuse me from pursuing Him and constantly learning more about my Savior. I just don't need to get caught up in figuring it out all at once.

Hope that made sense....

No comments:

Post a Comment