Friday, April 16, 2010

Trip

Well, I took a road trip this weekend, still on it in fact, I leave tomorrow. I went to a place that is one of my favorite Beth and Jared memories. I wasn't sure if I wanted to come here, but I figured that I need to face this head on. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. In fact, I went to the same places we went, ate at the same restaurant that we did, saw the same sites, but I didn't experience that deep pain that I was expecting. I was not anticipating going to all those places, I thought I was going to avoid them. I am also certain that when I was here two years ago it was on this same exact weekend. Ironic. I couple of things that I learned while here:

I still miss Jared......but

I can still enjoy the beauty of this place without him.

I don't have to dread things (I'm sure I still will), they may turn out better than I think.

I can face "memories" without losing it entirely.

I have to work through these memories, and get through these firsts.

I can still have fun!!

It was a difficult day but I'm glad that I made the trip and faced the music. One more thing down!

No comments:

Post a Comment