Monday, May 3, 2010

Hope

What a week....it has been that long since I last posted. Last week started out a little rough, I began to let my mind go where it shouldn't go, causing lots of turmoil in my mind. I really had to spend time praying that God would just help me capture my thoughts and keep my mind focused on Him. Guess what, that works! It didn't turn out to be as bad of a week as it could have been.

Friday, I had a friend of mine take me to the fabric store to help me pick out binding for my 9 year quilt project. We then went to my house where she showed me how to put the binding on. She was so patience with me and it was wonderful to have her help!
Below is a picture of it, I'm still working on hemming it, but it should be done this week!



Friday I went and spent money on flowers....I had lots of fun with that. I then spent Saturday planting them all. This is coming from the person who doesn't like dirt, but I put my whole soul into it, I had dirt everywhere! Here is the finished result, along with other pictures of the flowers that are perennials:







Saturday was also the "car care clinic" at church where a bunch of guys from church get together and change oil and look over cars for possible repairs. This is done for the widows and single moms, what a great ministry, and I appreciate it! I was told I was stubborn when I said that I wanted to buy my own filters, etc. and bring them up to them. What can I say, I come by it honestly, tell me something I don't already know! By the way, I didn't win that argument......however, I did get a chair massage while I was waiting. :)

Sunday would have been my first wedding anniversary. It was a good day, worked at church in the morning, my sister-in-law and I went shopping in the afternoon, then church again with "family night" afterward. The first family night was a success, we ran out of most of the food and I think people enjoyed it overall. I was so nervous that things weren't going to work out well, but they did, God had it in His hands.
Had a period of "emotions" that night when I got home, but it was brief. I can handle these kinds of memories much better when I remember how much easier Jared has it now in heaven. He has the weight of the world off of his shoulders! I can smile, God has been so faithful this past year. It is one more first off the list!

I was listening to a song today and really paying attention to the words, and it put into words what I have felt today:

You do your work the best that you can
you put one foot in front of the other
life comes in waves and makes it's demands
you hold on as well as your able

You've been here for a long long time

Hope has a way of turning it's face to you
just when you least expect it
you walk in a room
you look out a window
and something there leaves you breathless
you say to yourself
it's been a while since I felt this
but it feels like it might be hope

It's hard to recall what blew out the flame
it's been dark since you can remember
you talk it all through to find it a name
as days go on by without number

You've been here for a long long time

Hope has a way of turning it's face to you
just when you least expect it
you walk in a room
you look out a window
and something there leaves you breathless
you say to yourself
it's been a while since I felt this
but it feels like it might be hope.

It Might Be Hope by Sara Groves

I am very hesitant to say that things are great now that I have that one more first down, but there is a weight somewhat lifted off of my shoulders. I know that God has a plan for my future and it is giving me great hope!

The verse that was on my daily calender for May 2, it was a great reminder:

Come to Me, all you that are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light. Matthew 11:28-30

Today's verse fit so well with what I was feeling today:

Do not call to mind the former things, or ponder things of the past. Behold, I will do something new, now it will spring forth; will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness and rivers in the desert. Isaiah 43:18-19

God's Word is so applicable, I love it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment