Monday, May 10, 2010

Grace

After this past weekend of beating myself up, God has been showing me a few things. I have a difficult time letting things go when I have any guilt about anything and although it may not be anything that I have done, I will wonder if I could have done something differently. I have a hard time letting anything go! I was the one who could hold a grudge forever......ask my sister. She remembers when she and I would argue, then the next day she would have completely forgotten about it and she would take one look at me and remember. By God's grace, it isn't that bad anymore, but I still have my moments. The one thing that God seems to be wanting me to focus on is grace. I need to not only remember God's grace for me, but that I need to extend that grace to others. Over the last year, I have learned to be a lot more sympathetic towards people, but on the other hand I have become a lot more callused, and want people to just "buck up" sometimes. Back to grace.... It began on Sunday with this song, "There is Nothing Greater than Grace":

There is no valley, there is no darkness
there is no sorrow greater than the grace of Jesus.
There is no moment, there is no distance,
there is no heartbreak He can't take you through.
So before you think that you're too lost to save,
Remember there is nothing greater than grace.

So don't lose hope, don't let go
don't give up, you are not alone.

Have had a few more little moments that I felt God talking directly to me over the last couple of days, but I can't remember specifics. Today, I was reviewing some children's lessons at work and I came across this verse:

1 Cor. 15:10 But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me did not prove vain; but I labored even more than all of them, yet not I, but the grace of God with me.

I pray that I remember that God's grace to me should be evident in my life and that I extend that grace to others.

I'm reading a book right now that has been a great encouragement to me. It's called "Plan B" by Pete Wilson. I just "happened" to come across it and it was perfect timing. It is about how our plan A can be going on along just fine, but then something happens in our life that causes plan B to come into effect. It is still God's plan, but not the one that we foresaw. Hope it continues to be a good read.

Well, I'm off to a conference for three days....later.

No comments:

Post a Comment