Thursday, December 17, 2009

There is a Reason

Some songs just match perfectly to what I am thinking. Alison Krauss is one of my favorite artists, and I have loved this song since I first heard it. I never imagined that I would understand it in the way that I do now.

I've seen hard times and I've been told
There isn't any wonder that I fall
Why do we suffer, crossing off the years
There must be a reason for it all

I've trusted in You, Jesus, to save me from my sin
Heaven is the place I call my home
But I keep on getting caught up in this world I'm living in
And Your voice it sometimes fades before I know

Hurtin' brings my heart to You, crying with my need
Depending on Your love to carry me
The love that shed His blood for all the world to see
This must be the reason for it all

Hurtin' brings my heart to You, a fortress in the storm
When what I wrap my heart around is gone
I give my heart so easily to the ruler of this world
When the one who loves me most will give me all

In all the things that cause me pain You give me eyes to see
I do believe but help my unbelief
I've seen hard times and I've been told
There is a reason for it all

I do believe that there is a reason for it all. God seems to be slowly stripping things away in my life. Most of it I don't understand at all. I also don't understand the timing of different things that have happened in my life. I also keep wondering when this "stripping away" will be complete and what the purpose of it is. I'm not a very patience person. In fact, when people would remind me that "patience is a virtue" I usually responded "but not one of mine". Well, in all that is going on I think God is teaching me patience and I have no choice but to wait and see what the next bend in the road will be. To quote another Alison Krauss song:

But if I trust the One who died for me
Who shed His blood to set me free
If I live my life to trust in You
Your grace will see me through

I'd rather be in the palm of Your hand
Though rich or poor I may be
Faith can see right through the circumstance
Sees the forest in spite of the trees

To summarize, there is a reason for it all, and because I am in the palm of HIS hand and He loves me, I can trust that HIS grace will see me through.

No comments:

Post a Comment