Friday, December 25, 2009

It's a Wonderful Life

Today was the day I got engaged last year. Wow, what a year. Like I said in the previous post that the days leading up to a "special" day are usually worse than the day. It held true again. I really expected this to be an awful day. My prayer this morning was that God would just give me the strength to get through the day. He did more than that, He gave me joy in this day.

I spent the day with the Taylor/Reed family in Lubbock. They were all so wonderful, making me feel so at home. I laughed a lot, ate lots of food, and just had a good day. So for that, I thank them immensely.

Yesterday I went to breakfast with some friends of mine and the movie "It's A Wonderful Life" was mentioned. It has always been one of my favorite Christmas movies. I like the part when George was able to see what the world would have been like without him. It made me consider what would this world been like without Jared. He touched so many people with his life (I am still hearing from people that I don't even know). His actions spoke louder than words, a quiet giant. I showed the dvd of Jared's service to some friends of mine a few months back. Afterwards, one of them told me this "I hope that when I die people say half as nice things bout me as they did bout him". I ditto that! I know my life wouldn't be the same if he had never been a part of my life. My life was forever changed a year ago on this day. I thank God for allowing me the privilege of knowing and loving Jared, even if it makes days like this a little harder than they used to be! It was so worth it!

What changed my life even more than Jared was Christ, coming to this earth as a baby, saving His people from their sins! For that I am extremely grateful. What if Christ had never come to this earth, what would our lives be like, what would we even have to live for? He is the reason that I don't have to worry about the future because He directs my steps and He knows the plans He has for me. Jer. 29:11 What a comfort that verse has been to me, because I know that He's got some great ones out there for me!

Hope you all had a blessed Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment