Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Joyfulness

At work, we are asked to join an accountability group. One of the questions that is usually asked is "when was the last time that you experienced joy in your life?" That question has been a little difficult for me to answer lately. I've been pretty happy, but not necessarily joyful. In my mind, joyfulness means that it comes from deep inside your self and you just can't help being joyful. Happiness, well, anyone can show that they are happy on the outside all the while turmoil goes on in the inside.

I know that this is just one day (I hope it continues) but today was a joyful day! Strange thing though, it is supposed to be a bad day for me. Jared's new life began 5 months ago today. We had a Kids staff Christmas party, another reason for me to be emotional, but it was so much fun. Of course, when it is a white elephant gift exchange, with some of the tackiest gifts that I've ever seen, why wouldn't it be fun?! This was one of the best ones:




But truly it was a great day, thanks to a bunch of wonderful co-workers. Thank you Lord for providing this job for me, I am blessed to be surrounded by wonderful Christian people who have walked with me every step of this journey!

These verses were the past three days of my desk calendar. They are so encouraging!

Deut. 30:6 The Lord your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your descendants to love the Lord you God with all your heart and with all your soul, so that you may live.

Ps. 34:17-18 The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; He delivers them from all their troubles. The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

Ps. 121:7-8 The Lord will keep you from all harm - He will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.

No comments:

Post a Comment