Saturday, October 16, 2010

Saturday

I had such a nice relaxing morning. I lounged around for a bit this morning, and then sat down and did my Bible study, the Beth Moore one on the Patriarchs. I love sitting down with a cup of coffee, well maybe a couple cups of coffee, and my Bible.

The last lesson was speaking about how much faith Abraham had when he was asked to sacrifice Isaac. He didn't ask the question "why?" he just did it. However, he had the faith to trust in God to that God would do what He said he would do. Genesis 22:5 Abraham said to his young men, "Stay here with the donkey, and I and the lad will go over there; and we will worship and return to you." He didn't hesitate, he said that they both would return. When Abraham was asked by Isaac about a burnt offering, in Genesis 22:8, Abraham responded: "God will provide for Himself the lamb for the burnt offering, my son." This faith carried over to his servants....

This week's lesson was focused on finding a wife for Isaac. Abraham's servant asked God to give him a sign regarding whom He had chosen as a wife for Isaac. Genesis 24:15 says, "Before he finished speaking, behold, Rebekah came, with a jar on her shoulder." Beth Moore had us then go to Isaiah 65:24 "Before they call I will answer; while they are still speaking I will hear." I know I often pray without really thinking about how God has already heard my prayers and how He already knows how they will be answered.

Throughout these two lessons, I was reminded that God does everything that He promises. I so often forget that. Abraham called the mount that Isaac should have sacrificed on, "The LORD Will Provide". He takes care of everything and that's something I need to remember.

I made it through my busy week. I was so tired today that I took a nice little nap. It felt so good! I'm in the midst of packing for my week long mission trip and my room is a mess! I'm trying to only take one suitcase, I don't know if that will happen, I tend to be a "just in case" packer. Anyway, I am excited to see what God has planned for us. This will be my first mission trip ever and I have no idea what to expect. I just pray that God will use me how He wants and that I am open to anything that He sends my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment