Friday, October 22, 2010

New York 2


This is going to be a picture update, I am too tired to write a lengthy post about everything that we have done.  Here is brief overview of what we've done.  The captions should explain, I hope!
Getting the building ready for paint!


East Islip (where we passed out flyers promoted the fall festival)
One of the streets we "had" to walk down while flyering (word?)
This morning's train station, we did more passing out bags.
Our leader, with the backdrop of the beautiful fall colors!
More building fixin'.
The church was given a van that needed major cleaning.
Fixing the plumbing and putting in a sink
More van cleaning
See, I really am here.

We were able to go into the actual city of New York this evening.  We will go back tomorrow for some site seeing/touring, but we got a glimpse tonight.  This small town girl is not a huge fan of the crowds I will tell you that much.  I couldn't do the fast paced life everyday, but it is a great experience.  We went to the Blue Man Group show tonight and here are some sites we saw along the way:

From the show, two of the team members with one of the guys. His eyes are a bit piercing don't you think?!
Explanation on building.
Too crowded!
I feel so small amongst all these buildings.
More buildings.
The night life is interesting, I am aware of what life is like out in the world, but I've never really seen it the way I have this trip. Tonight was a bit of an eye opener of how lost this world really is.

I hope you enjoyed the pictures, I will have more to come.   Thanks for all your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment