Friday, January 7, 2011

Trust

Why is it that one day I can be in a good place, trusting God completely, go to bed, and wake up the next morning worrying about everything?  What changed when I slept?  It makes no sense.  Life is not easy and today is one of those days that I would like to be a hermit, and I may.  I could watch movies all day long!  Sounds like a good solution to me, but yet I know that that won't solve anything.  I know I must press on and trust but that is hard to do sometimes.  Anyway......

One of my co-workers went to Juarez, Mexico last week to do some preaching.  We were all a bit scared for him.  It is one of the most violent cities in the world, if not the worst.  Thankfully, he arrived back to Midland safely.  Yesterday, in our staff prayer time, he shared a little about Juarez and what he did when he was there.  He gave us some statistics.

98% of families have been affected by the violence in Juarez.  Only two percent of families have not had a family member murdered!

There have been 30,000 deaths in the past 5 years.

Over 200,000 people have left the city because of the violence.

He was able to preach in a parking lot and there were still about 1,000 people there.  Can you imagine?  I don't know if I could have been one of those people that attended.  He said he was scared in the beginning but then after a few minutes the God gave him peace.  He was able to talk to a few people and hear their stories.  He told of someone who was eating dinner with their family and someone came in and shot one of the men.  Another story was about some parents who dropped off their kids off at their grandparents house at 3pm, to go to the store and they never came back.  People stay off the streets after 6pm.

We have it so easy here in the United States.  I can't even begin to understand what they are going through there.  There isn't even safety in their own home!  There is no place to escape from the violence.  Talk about having to trust God completely!  That was a point that my co-worker made.  He said that right now these people have no where to turn and they are open to hearing the gospel.   I wish it didn't take these drastic measures to bring people to Christ, but it proves though that God's ways are not our ways, His thoughts are not our thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment