Monday, January 31, 2011

Satisfaction

I am in a good place right now, life is good.  It seems like most of the time I am running around like a crazy person, but lately life has been calm.  I'm not talking about my busyness, believe me, that still exists, I'm talking about the calmness of my soul.  The things I have been struggling with are still there, but God has been working on me.  I began the Beth Moore "Breaking Free" Bible study with some friends.  I had it in my mind that this study was for women who had horrid lives/pasts that they needed to break free from.  I have had a good life so I wasn't certain how much it would pertain to me.  Well, I've already been shown many things and we are only a couple of weeks into it. (This week is partly on pride, oops!) Last week's lesson was on the "benefits" of having Christ in our lives.   A couple of those things were the peace and joy that we can only find it Him, but the one that caught my attention was that only through Him can we have complete satisfaction.  A day or two after that lesson, I was listening to my iTunes and the song playing was One More Day by Diamond Rio. Part of that song is:

Last night I had a crazy dream
A wish was granted just for me
It could be for anything
I didn't ask for money
Or a mansion in Malibu
I simply wished, for one more day with you

Chorus:
One more day
One more time
One more sunset, maybe I'd be satisfied
But then again
I know what it would do
Leave me wishing still, for one more day with you

So glad I can listen to some of my favorite songs without bursting into tears!  I digress......

I think one of the reasons that there is a calmness in my soul is I do feel satisfied in Christ.  Lately, I have felt like He has become everything to me.  So often I feel that if I could have that one more thing that I would then be satisfied.  That one more thing could be anything, but as the song says it would leave me wishing for more.  Realizing the satisfaction I can have in Him has made me so much happier.  I have found that all the other things like joy and peace fall right into place because I am satisfied. I am not striving for things that in the long run mean nothing.  I am content in Him, knowing that I want for nothing with Him as my Savior and Lord. 

As for me, I shall behold Your face in righteousness; I will be satisfied with Your likeness when I awake.  ~ Psalm 17:15

For He has satisfied the thirsty soul, and the hungry soul He has filled with what is good. ~ Psalm 107:9

No comments:

Post a Comment