Monday, December 27, 2010

Post Christmas

For those who are wondering, I had a nice Christmas.  I stayed in Midland and thanks to a great family, I had a very enjoyable time.

I had a few days off prior to Christmas which meant lots of time to think. Last year that would have been a bad thing, but this year, it was good.  I had a nice week spending time in the Scriptures and in prayer.  Even though the Lord was showing me some areas of my life that I need to work on, it was wonderful to just focus on Him for a few days.  It is difficult to explain what that time did for me, but all I can really say is that I just feel at peace and I feel like I have a renewed focus on Him.  I just glanced over at something I have on my desk, it says "Only when we have knelt before God, can we stand before men."  That sums up a lot of what I experienced this past week also.

I read Isaiah 58 this morning and although the whole chapter is great, verse 11 stuck out.  I know I have used before, but it is such a good reminder for all of us as we enter the new year.

And the LORD will continually guide you,
and satisfy your desire in scorched places,
and give strength to your bones;
and you will be like a watered garden,
and like a spring of water whose waters do not fail.

I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and may the Lord guide you in 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment