Monday, December 6, 2010

Europe

It is Monday, the first full day back to work after my vacation to Europe.  Yes, that's right, I went to Europe, specifically Austria and Germany.  I had hesitated going (I wasn't sure I wanted to spend the money), but everyone I talked with told me I should go and I am so glad I did.  It was beautiful!!
At the beginning of the this year, I was determined that 2010 would be a good year.  I didn't want to live life the way I always had (working a lot), I wanted to have fun and live life to the fullest.  I had realized that you only live once and I wanted to make the most of it.  I think I have fulfilled what I wanted to do.

Back to Europe.  Here is a list of things that I was able to experience:

* Cruising the Danube River from Vienna, Austria to Nuremberg, Germany.
* Touring the cities of Melk, Linz, Passau, Regensburg, and Nuremberg
* Seeing the countryside between these cities and the beautiful architecture along the way.
* Walking into the many churches and just being amazed. (sadness though when you thought about how the Truth wasn't necessarily being taught.)
* Hearing the world's largest church organ being played.  (Not to be confused with the world's largest organ, which is in a tabernacle in Utah.)
* Hearing a boys choir in a church in Regensburg, Germany.  Their voices were amazing!
* Walking on the same grounds that Adolf Hitler did, seeing places where he gave speeches.
* Being able to see the history that was in all my history books for myself.
* Experiencing a different culture and people watching!

There was so much more but those are the highlights that I can remember right now.

I had a great time and I was able to relax and enjoy time with some great friends! 

Here are a few pictures and I will probably post more later, hopefully:








1 comment:

  1. I'm simply GREEN with envy! Everything looks so beautiful. How lovely! Glad you took the chance to go. love you.

    ReplyDelete