Friday, November 19, 2010

Election

I don't think there are enough hours this weekend to get everything done that I need to!  So because of that, I am going to take a few minutes to blog.  I know it doesn't fit but I want to put down something that I have had on my mind.

On Wednesday, I had a Bible study with a friend.  We are working through Beth Moore's study on the Patriarchs.  As we were watching the video, Beth said something that made me think.  This past week's lesson was on Jacob/Esau, how Jacob took Esau's birthright and Jacob's encounter with an "angel".  God chose Abraham to be the one that a great nation would come from and of course, it passed through Isaac and Jacob, his descendants.  They were the beginning.  What was interesting to me was the part where God divides the family.  He allowed the brothers to be against each other and He chose one over the other.  In Romans 9:13 the verse states, "As it is written, Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated."  I believe in election, God chose us from the beginning, we are predestined to be His children.  I have taken that to heart personally, but I never really thought about that in terms of the people in the Bible.  This is the question that I thought of.  Could I name one person in the Bible that just happened to turn to God?  If you can think of one, let me know, because I could not.  Some of the people we don't know about, their stories started when God is already a part of their life.  The "characters" that I thought of were some of the "big" ones, Abraham, Moses, Samuel, David, Isaiah, the 12 disciples, and Paul.  All of them were called and chosen by God to do His work.  What really hit me was that I am in the same category as the people that God called in the Bible.  I think of them as people that are amazing and that I couldn't even compare myself to them.  But...He has called me, just like He did them.  My life should reflect the same characteristics that they did.  He had a reason for calling me, He has a purpose for me.  I must follow His leading and bring Him glory.  I have a story just like everyone in the Bible and I am grateful that He called me to be a part of it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment