Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Struggles

This past week has been a struggle for me.  I am finding myself very overwhelmed and just overall exhausted.  I finally got a good nights sleep last night so hopefully I'm working on the exhausted part.  I have so much work to do at my job that I don't really even know where to start. I know that taking a week off to go to New York was what God wanted me to do, but the work piled up while I was gone.

I'm struggling in a different area of my life too.   I thought I had surrendered this struggle to the Lord a while back, but I have been convicted that I really haven't.   I have had to give myself a pep talk and constantly remind myself that God is in control.  There are probably things that He still needs to teach me and I just don't see it.  I sometimes ask myself, "haven't I been refined enough for now?"  I know, how silly of me to even think that. 

Today, the verse that was on my daily calendar was this:

I wait for the LORD, my soul does wait,
And in His word do I hope.
My soul waits for the Lord
More than the watchmen for the morning;
Indeed, more than the watchmen for the morning.
Psalm 130: 5-6

I read this verse in my devo this morning:

For I, the LORD, do not change.  Malachi 3:6

I pray that I faithfully remember to wait because the Lord promises that He knows what is best for me, and His ways are the best....that will never change.

No comments:

Post a Comment