Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Deja vu

I'm sure you all are sick of the "on this date last year" comments, but sorry, here's another.

Last year, today was the day of Jared's burial, service, etc.  Just to clarify, I'm doing just fine in regards to that.  I know I can't lose it everytime a "special" day comes up.  My mother came up with a good name for it, calendar grief.  One day does not change what is a reality every day! 

The reason why this post is titled "deja vu", is that today is the visitation of a co-worker, tomorrow the service is here at Stonegate.   Hard to grasp that it "happened" again, the same time as last year.  I know what the family is going through, I'm sure not entirely, everyone is different, but it is easier for me to understand where they are, because of my life.  I'm sure that it will be hard to sit through the service tomorrow, but Jesus is same yesterday, today, and tomorrow, which means He will be just as faithful tomorrow as He has been in the past, to me, to her family and to her friends.

Job 2:10 Shall we indeed accept good from God and not accept adversity?

Deuteronomy 32:4  He is the Rock, His works are perfect, and all His ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is He.

No comments:

Post a Comment