Saturday, July 10, 2010

Busyness

Life is crazy!!!!  Is it possible to wear your brain out?  That is what I feel like I've done this week.

I thought work would slow down over the summer, but it hasn't.  It is probably for the best, but I've pulled some long hours this week.  Thankfully, it rained a few mornings this week, so I didn't have to get up every day at 6:00am to run/walk.  :)  I have to get back into the rhythm of that again though!

I had a great conversation with a friend last night.  I was reminded how much God has done for me in the last year.  We compared notes, God is so good!  Sometimes I forget that my life is not that bad.  God has done more things for me than I can ever imagine, but instead, I get caught up in the little things that get under my skin.  Things that aren't really worth getting worked up about.  When will I ever learn?

I did something humorous this week.  I was sitting at lunch with some co-workers and one of them was talking about someone they knew.  Because of some things that have happened/decisions that have been made, this person has realize that maybe they should have done some things differently from the beginning.  I was listening and had a thought, along this line, go through my head. "I hope I never have something happen in my life that will have to shake me/change my life, etc."  I then realized what I just thought and burst out laughing.  Wow.  It made me think about how my "tragedy" must not consume my thoughts as much any more.  I think that is a good thing.  God has brought me so far in a year.  He goes before me, I don't have to be afraid, because He will never fail or forsake me.

Deut. 31:6 " Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble at them, for the LORD your God is the One who goes with you He will not fail you or forsake you."

1 comment:

  1. I so agree. God is so good and it is amazing how often I get the comment..."I don't know how you are doing this" and I think...doing what? This is what God has for me and while it is hard, He also provides what we need. You are such an encouragement to me. I am glad to know that while days can be hard, your heart if for God and He blesses that. It gives me hope that a year out will be okay. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete