Tuesday, February 23, 2010

222

Ok. Yesterday was my birthday, 2/22. I tried to keep it quiet because I didn't want a big deal made about it. This past weekend and yesterday were some of the worst days I've had in a long time. The last time I can remember it this bad was last November, three months ago! I had no idea that my birthday would hit me that hard. I remembered last year and how great it was. Jared and I went out to dinner at Abuelos and when we got back to the house, a surprise 30th birthday party awaited me. I never suspected anything! I never expected that a year later my life would be so different. My co-workers were so good with me yesterday and put up with all of my blubbering. Went to Rosa's and even had a piece of cake!

Last night, I was doing some computer work. I happened to notice the counter that allows me know how many days it has been since Jared passed away. The number was 222, how ironic is that! Good thing I'm not superstitious or anything like that, it probably would mean something to someone, but I just thought it was crazy that the days matched.

Hopefully the rest of this week will go better, I'm thinking it will, it can only go up!! :)

Isaiah 40:28-31 Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, does not become weary or tired. His understanding is inscrutable. He give strength to the weary, and to him who lacks might He increases power. Though youths grow weary and tired, and vigorous young me stumble badly, yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not grow faint.

3 comments:

  1. happy late birthday beth. thank you for being so honest on your blog - it amazes me how strong you are. i love your honesty during this hard time in your life. know that so many people love you and are praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, my.....my....my.......you sure don't look a day older! as the others have stated.......Happy "Belated" Birthday!!! or would you rather hear......may HIS joy overwhelm the temporal happiness or lack of and bring you peace in your innermost being, Mike.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! it sez 11:46p.m. but itz akchewly 1:45a.m. 2-28 Sunday morning! so I'm a night owl. I'll pay for it in the morning!

    ReplyDelete