Saturday, November 21, 2009

Race

Today, I had the privilege of helping to support the Make a Wish foundation. Our church was involved in the Race for Wishes, helping to grant wishes for children with life threatening illnesses. We had a great turnout from Stonegate, thanks to all who participated! It was an awful early morning, considering that I only got 3.5 hours of sleep last night. Had to be there at 7:00, ok, got there at 7:10 :) and it was cold. It turned into a beautiful day, getting out into the fresh air, walking (I don't run!), and enjoying the company of co-workers. The best part of the day was knowing that we were raising money to help families who are going through a difficult time. It was nice to take the focus off of my problems for a while. I know that I don't completely understand what these families are going through, but I think with having to go through my own experience of a "life-threatening" illness with my husband, I have an inkling of an idea. There is nothing I can change about my situation and it was great to give back a little after everything everyone did for me and Jared's family. Good times.

My life is crazy right now. I look back about five years ago and think about how "boring" my life was. Five years ago, I never would have expected my life to take this path that I am now on. But as difficult as my life is, how out of control it seems to be in my eyes, I am right where God wants me to be. I wouldn't trade my relationship with my Savior for anything! He loves me more than anyone else can, He died for me and gave me eternal life! What more could I ask for!

No comments:

Post a Comment