Thursday, November 12, 2009

Great is His faithfulness

I will admit, I've had a bad attitude this week. (So much for the previous post!) My Bible study focused this week on how we should see the good in every season of our life. It talked about the relationship between our heart/mind and words/deeds. We may not be able to control our circumstances, but can control our attitude during the circumstances. This week, I didn't like that focus. I avoided doing the lesson until late last night. I am certain that didn't get what I should have out of it. The actual class for the study was this morning and I've been thinking about it since. I do need to change my attitude.

You know how difficult it is to listen to someone that complains all the time? You want to avoid them because you know the conversation will be all about them and how bad their life is, they are depressing people! (I'm sure that I've been one of those people lately!) It made me think about the relationship between us and God. I know that God doesn't avoid/ignore us when we complain to Him, but don't you think that He sometimes sits there, waiting for us to stop being so negative?! There are so many verses that tell us to rejoice when various trials come or ones that tell us how He helps us through our pain. We have the greatest Strength to go to when we have problems, yet our first instinct is to complain. I know when I trust God fully, I see His work in my life much more clearly. Why is that so hard to grasp sometimes?!

Anyway, as I sat at my desk I was listening to a CD of hymns and "Great Is Thy Faithfulness" was playing. It was an instant reminder that God is faithful and never changes, even when I am complaining. The words:
Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father;
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not;
As Thou hast been, Thou forever will be.

He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. Hebrews 13:8

No comments:

Post a Comment