Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Monthly post

Here is what seems to be now my monthly post.  I'm not avoiding blogging, my computer and I just haven't really found time to be with one another lately.

The garden is producing lots of stuff at the moment and I've been canning pickles, carrots, black-eyed peas and squash.  Pickled okra is scheduled for canning tomorrow.

A couple of weeks ago, I had a baby shower given by some wonderful women.  For the most part, I think we are ready for little E to come, just not right now.....he/she needs to grow quite a bit more!  I don't think I've actually posted a picture of me pregnant yet, so here's one....I find it awkward posing for these kinds of pictures. 

Yep, we're officially ready, we've got the Packer outfit!
The house is almost done! That is the exciting news that's happened in the past couple of weeks.  We have lots of re-organizing to do, but that just means we are close to being done.  We were considering some changes to our kitchen, cabinets/counter tops etc., but I think we've now decided that we need to just stop where we are right now and we can do that at another time.  This has been a project and a half, but we are happy we did it and we love the results.
The new addition now actually has furniture and the windows are trimmed out!
Mr. E is an expert door installer now.
New front door, hopefully will keep the scorpions out!
Living room flooring, wood-grain tile.
New kitchen flooring.
Anyway, that's about all I have time for today.  I've been watching my niece today and I think she's waking up from her nap.  I'd better go check. 

No comments:

Post a Comment