Monday, September 23, 2013

What has been going on

I've had lots of posts in my brain, but I just haven't taken the time to sit and write them out. 

A quick recap of the past month or so.  We finally finished the remodeling of our house.  We still have some re-organizing to do and painting the outside of the house, but other than that, we're done.  It has been so nice these past two weeks or so being able to relax a little.

Recently, most of my time has been spent canning and freezing the garden produce.  Early in the summer, we didn't think the garden was going to produce much, but my goodness, we were wrong.  I love seeing all the produce in the jars and in the freezer. We will be able to enjoy okra, green beans, black-eyed peas, jalapenos/serranos, squash, carrots, cantaloupe, bell peppers and onions this winter.   Vegetables from the garden taste so much better than store bought stuff!

We are still preparing for baby E.  The due date is quickly approaching and I must say that time has flown.  It is exciting and overwhelming all at the same time.

Switching gears. 

I've been thinking a lot lately about bitterness and how toxic that can be in someone's life.  There have been and are situations in my life that could cause bitterness to creep in.  When I think about them, I either get mad, frustrated or try to push them off and pretend that it doesn't effect me, but they do. I also want to fix them.  I know many of these situations are because of misunderstandings, miscommunication and not being open and honest.   In my flesh, I want to stay mad, or shut the problems out and stay irritated, which is when bitterness will take over.  Bitterness only really effects the person that is holding on to it.  It doesn't effect the other people.  I've really had to watch out for this lately.  I have to keep reminding myself that God has everything under control and that He calls me to forgive and not let bitterness take over.  I will admit, it has been difficult to do.  Anyway, that's what I've been struggling with.  Thankfully, God's there to help me through it all.

Gotta go, have a good week!


No comments:

Post a Comment