Friday, May 24, 2013

Confession

I mentioned a few months ago that God decided to change some of the plans we had.   Those changes caused somewhat of a domino effect in our lives, changing the direction of our plans for the future.  I guess it is time to confess what the main change is.  We are not only are we putting an addition on our house, we are also adding an addition to our family.   Mr. E and I are excited to meet the new little "E" sometime in the fall. 

Early in January,  I felt like God was telling me to pray for a child, so I did.  He brought the verse, I Samuel 1:27, "For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition that I made to Him." to my mind.  I don't know why, it isn't a verse that I had memorized, but I had seen it several times.  He also put it on Mr. E's heart as well, although neither one of us mentioned it to the other one for a week or so.  The Lord didn't take long to answer our prayers and those prayers continue as the baby grows.  I sometimes wonder why God has chosen to give us a child (it's scary to think of me as a mom, there are far more qualified people!), but we are extremely blessed that He did!  It is one of the best changes of plans that I've ever had! :)

3 comments: