Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Plans

Mr. E and I have been talking a lot about our plans for our future.  At the end of last year, literally on December 31st, we wrote down what we thought this next year would bring and what we wanted to accomplish.  However, it seems as if whenever I try to plan something, inevitably, those plans will change.  That has been a recurring theme in my life for the past five years.  Sometimes those changes are seem good and sometimes they don't seem good.  Sometimes those changes create a domino effect and alter other things in your life.  I think God puts a stop to plans that He knows won't be beneficial to us.  That was the case this weekend.  Mr. E had been planning on doing some projects at our home and it just wasn't working out way that we thought it should have.  After we both got frustrated, we sat back and did some re-thinking and praying and we kinda felt like God wanted us to perhaps go a different direction.  We still aren't sure if our conclusion is the plan that we need to go ahead with, but having to stop what our plans were, started me thinking.  I thought of the verse, Proverbs 16:9, The mind of man plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps.

We can plan all we want to, but because the Lord directs our steps, those plans can or will change.  Instead of getting frustrated, like I did this weekend, I need to realize that God knows what is best for us.  He knows the way that will direct us in the way that He wants for us, not the way that I think is best for us.  A concept that I find very difficult to grasp.

No comments:

Post a Comment