Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Addition

In my last post I told you about how we had our plan, but God had His.  The plan that was changed was about making some more room for us.  When we purchased our one bedroom home back in November, we knew we would either eventually add on to the house or build another house on the acreage that we bought along with the house.  To create some more room for our stuff, our plan for the time being was to build a shed to put all our tools and yard equipment in and finish out the existing shed for other stuff that we would like to move out there from the house.  We've talked about it since purchasing the home and about two weeks ago we decided to proceed with that plan.  That's when we learned that God wasn't letting that happen like we wanted.  We ran into different issues and it was extremely vexing.  We then began to think about what it would look like to actually add a room onto the house.  We called the man (the former owner) who originally built our house and he thought it would be fairly easy and agreed to help us.  That solved one of our problems!  We also figured that we would add value to the house by adding a second bedroom and we would eventually recoup our initial cost.  This plan seems to be the direction that God wanted us to go in the first place because things are beginning to proceed.  The guys spent a couple of hours last night building forms for the foundation, there is still lots of work to be done before the concrete arrives, but at least it is a start!

I'll probably add more pictures as things continue, to document the progress of the construction.  This is a big undertaking, but as with most things, we think it will be worth it.

Randomness time.  Here are a couple of quotes that I heard last week that made me stop and think.  They are both by my favorite author, Elisabeth Elliot. 

Whatever happens is assigned, my assignment entails my willing acceptance of my portion.

The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances.

Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment