Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Verses

Today I have spent the entire morning in God's Word.  Should I be doing laundry and cleaning the house? You bet! However, I think my morning was still profitable without getting the daily chores done.  I have plenty of time this afternoon.

Here are a few verses that stood out to me while I was doing some reading:

Psalm 28:7  The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him and I am helped; therefore my heart exults and with my song I shall thank Him.

Isaiah 58:11 The Lord will continually guide you and satisfy your desire in scorched places and give strength to your bones; and you will be like a watered garden and like a spring of water whose waters do not fail.

Zephaniah 3:17 The Lord your God is in your midst, a victorious warrior.  He will exult over you with joy. He will be quiet in His love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joy.

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you; not as the world gives, do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful.

Deuteronomy 7:9 Know therefore that the Lord your God, He is God, the faithful God, who keeps His covenant and His lovingkindness to a thousandth generation with those who love Him and keep His commandments.

I had to narrow down a bunch of verses and write just a few down.  In these few verses, you can see so much of God's character.  In these verses He is:

faithful
loving
kind
trustworthy
our strength
our shield
our guide
our warrior
our peace
our God

What else does a girl need?

The Es are doing well.  We have begun working on the garden again.  Mr. E has tilled it all and prepped it with fertilizer and compost, ready for the seedlings that we have growing in our house.  Now we just need to wait for the weather to warm up a bit so we can plant them.

Later this week, I turn another year older.  How quickly this past year went!  It will be interesting to see what God has planned this next year for me, you know there is never a dull moment in my (our) life!

No comments:

Post a Comment