Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Adventures

Last week, Mr. E and I were able to go to Colorado.  Wow! I had driven through there as a little kid, but I don't remember anything about that trip. It is an amazing place! We went to some national parks and drove all over the state seeing landscapes that I cannot even describe.  Believe me, the pictures don't do it justice.  My favorite part was the train trip we took on the last day we were there.  The train dropped us off in the middle of nowhere and we hiked up to a beautiful river to fly fish.  My husband was in his element and it was fun to see how much he enjoys it.  He was patient enough to teach me to fly fish and I now understand why he loves it so much. I still need more practice, but I can't wait to try it again.  It was an incredible trip.  I felt like God also showed me a few things that I need to let go of and to work on in my life as well.  All in all, it was a great trip.


Our cabin

The lake down the road from our cabin.
One of the many beautiful places we traveled through.

Red Top Mountain

Needle Rock near Crawford, CO
Black Canyon National Park - I've never seen anything like it!

Spruce Tree House, Mesa Verde National Park

View from Balcony House, Mesa Verde National Park
Coal burning train that took us to the river to fly fish.

My handsome man, doing what he loves!
My first fly fishing catch.
View from the train
The train....again.
Fly fishing on the river in CO.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I think I'm drooling over here. Looks like an amazing trip. Need some extra companions next time?

    ReplyDelete