Sunday, June 17, 2012

Jonah

On Wednesday, I began a ladies Bible study at church.  It is the first one that I have done with a group of ladies since right after Jared past away.  When I attended that one, it fit perfectly with what I was going through.  This study is no different.  To tell you the truth, I think it is going to rock my world a bit.  We are going to go through the book of Jonah and the intro session already has me thinking......a lot.  The subtitle of the study is "an interrupted life".

I will let you in on a bit about me.  I don't like to have my life interrupted.  I like to plan out a week, a couple of weeks or even a month at a time.  Any guesses as to how often everything goes as planned?  My guess, which is not really a guess, is never.  I'm not sure why I still get frustrated when things don't go as planned because I should be used to my plans being thwarted by now!  However, I am not.  This has become more evident now that I am married and someone else has plans too! :) Anyway, back to the study.  The writer of the study mentioned how frustrated Jonah was when God interrupted his plans, he tried to run away to get out of what God called him to do.  Do we always jump to do what God is calling us to do?  Do we think of God's plans as interruptions or do we get excited because He is including us in His will?  Personally, I lean towards thinking that His plans are interruptions instead of divine interventions.  I hope to change that soon!

Here is a quote that I just read that kinda goes along with this post.  This is how I sometimes feel when God changes my plans.

We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us, we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be.  C.S. Lewis

1 comment: