Thursday, January 19, 2012

Freedom!!

I have some very exciting news!  I'm off Facebook! :)  I finally deleted my account after months of debating on whether or not I should do it.  I never post anything and was irritated with the changes that Facebook made with their last update.  The only reason I kept it was to keep up with people, or so I thought.  I really don't do that, I just read what someone wants me to keep up with.  People only post what they want me to know and that is fine.  That's what I did too.  The final straw for me was seeing the drama that can unfold on Facebook.  I had to ask myself if it was worth it to have other people's lives affect mine and the answer was no.  I am now living in the freedom that deleting my Facebook gave to me.  I know, it may sound corny, but I'm enjoying it!

I am striving this year to be more disciplined, especially with working out, reading my Bible everyday, getting to work on time, going to bed at a decent hour, etc.  So far, for the most part, I've kept up.  I still haven't begun to work out everyday, but have been at least a couple of times a week.  The other things are going well and I like being more scheduled.  I believe that God wants us to be orderly.  He wants us to be disciplined in what we do.  I am usually a schedule orientated person, but in the past two years I've lived a very undisciplined life.  I think it was because my life seemed like it was in chaos so I let everything else follow that same pattern.  I'm trying to change that now and I'm liking the routine so much better.  Mind you, it doesn't always go as planned but it helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment