Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas

I am at church as I write this watching the snow fall like crazy here in Midland.  No, I'm not in church, I'm working at church.  We are having three Christmas Eve services and we are currently in the middle of the second one.  I get to attend the last one then head home.  You'd think that working on Christmas Eve would be a downer, but honestly, I'm happy to be here.  I know that for many people this may be the only time during the year that they darken the doorway of a church.  They may be with family or just think that they need to attend.  Either way, I'm glad they are here.  If my working today will enable someone to hear the real story of Christmas and perhaps have their life changed, I'm glad to do it. 

I hope that you all have a blessed Christmas and are able to take time to thank the Lord for sending His Son to this earth.

Blessed be the Lord God of Israel, for He has visited us and accomplished redemption for His people, and has raised up a horn of salvation for us.  Luke 1:68-69a

No comments:

Post a Comment