Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Yesterday and other topics

I had one of those emotional moments yesterday....I haven't had one in quite a while, at least not related to the following subject. :)  Mr. E was working in his home office yesterday morning and I had to run to the store for a couple of items.  Miss E was sleeping, so for the first time in months, I went to the store by myself.  It was a strange feeling, leaving the house with just me and my purse.  It was even stranger getting to drive my truck.  This is the truck that I inherited after Jared passed away, it is a single cab, standard 5-speed.  I haven't been able to drive it in a while, because Miss E can't ride in the front seat with me.  Driving down the road, I got to thinking about the memories of driving in this vehicle.  Then it hit me, yesterday, March 11th would have been Jared's 32nd birthday.  I thought it ironic that the first time I've driven this truck in a while, happens to be a significant day.  I must say I got a little teary-eyed thinking about it.  Thankfully, I recovered quickly and enjoyed the rest of the drive.  Jared loved this truck and so do I, it is with mixed feelings that this truck is going to go to a new home soon, but I know that that person will enjoy the truck as much as I have. 

I have discovered crock pot cooking.  It is amazing.  Since Miss E has arrived, dinner times have been sporadic, depending on when she sleeps/plays long enough for me to cook.  My menus were also limited because of the time crunch.  Monday, I threw a roast in the crock pot at lunch and by the time Mr. E got home there was a nice meal waiting for him.  I'm now on the third day of crock pot cooking.  I am able to get dinner going while Miss E takes a nap in the morning and then clean the kitchen too.  I don't have to think about it the rest of the day, it's great!

Well, I was going to post more, but the little stinker is waking up.  Enjoy your week!

1 comment:

  1. Crockpot cooking is fun and so easy. You have a beautiful background on your blog.

    ReplyDelete