Monday, September 24, 2012

Study

I began a new study on the names of God.  Actually it is through church again, but before I knew that they were studying this, I had already purchased a study on this topic for myself. 

I was going through my lesson this morning and Isaiah 43 was where I ended up.  Verse 1 says, Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine! Verse 7, Everyone who is called by My name and whom I have created for My glory, whom I have formed, even whom I have made....

What a great thing in verse one, I have been redeemed, I am His!  Sometimes I just need to be reminded of that.  Then the other verse, I have been created for His glory.   I don't know about you, but I don't always give Him glory.  Because He created me and I am His, everything that I do should bring Him glory.  Talk about convicting!  So often, I spend time trying to please the people around me, and I forget that the One that I should be pleasing is God.  My prayer is that I can keep that in the forefront of my mind and that I bring Him the glory that He deserves.

No comments:

Post a Comment