Wednesday, October 26, 2011

God Speaking to Me

I had an interesting weekend.  I was given the opportunity to serve at another conference that we had here at Stonegate.  The conference was for parents who have a child struggling with homesexuality.  I really enjoy helping out with this ministry, I feel like I'm the one being encouraged either through the speakers or the people themselves, not the other way around.  I was able to talk with one lady who lost her husband to a sudden heart attack ten years ago and is now dealing with her only child struggling with this issue.  She was such a nice lady who I could tell truly believed in God's sovereignty. She understood that He has a plan that she doesn't understand but knows that she can rely on Him completely.  She was a blessing to me.  On Sunday, we had the pleasure of hearing a testimony by a couple and their son during the services at church.  It was amazing.  I was crying halfway through it when the mom mentioned that one of the hymns that helped her through one of the tough times was "It is Well with My Soul".  That was a song that went through my head after Jared passed away.  Then the son mentioned that at one point in his journey the verse Jeremiah 29:11 was shown to him.  That verse was one of Jared's favorite and one that I continue to be reminded of in my own life.  It was like God was speaking to me directly.  The tears I cried weren't sad tears, they were tears of joy, knowing that He will always be faithful to me and also to all of His children.  I am so blessed.

The Yuan's testimony can be seen at the following link:
http://vimeo.com/31106972

No comments:

Post a Comment