Wednesday, July 27, 2011

July

This month went by quickly! It has been a great month. 

It began with the 4th of July.  We had a great time at my Texas Parent's house.  Here is a picture of the fabulous food. 


The next happening was Six Flags.  I had never been there before.  I had ridden on a couple of roller coasters, but nothing like this!  I had a blast.  Batman had to have been my favorite ride, followed by Superman, the ride that I almost refused to go on.  Actually, I did refuse to go on it, but was forced to anyway.  Ok, I may have relented a bit. 

Next. I'm sure that some of you were wondering how I did on the second anniversary of Jared's passing.  I will admit there was a moment where tears came to my eyes.  It was mostly because I let myself go back to that day and remember.  That is something that I don't do often, I try not to live in the past.  Instead, I prefer to focus my "normal" thoughts of Jared on the good times we had, not the hospital and the following days.  All in all it was a good day, spending it with friends and family.  God gave me a peace about it that surpasses all understanding!

I was able to spend this past weekend traveling in the state of Texas.  I went to the panhandle and it is so beautiful.  This was one of my favorite trips this summer.  Here are some pictures from that adventure.









The adventures are not finished for the month. I'm off to a retreat this weekend in another part of Texas.  I'm enjoying the travels but I am ready to be home on a weekend!

Hope y'all are having a good summer!

P.S. We've gotten a couple of cherry tomatoes from the garden, but I think the plus 100+ temperatures we've had all summer is doing a number on most of the plants.  We may not get too much out of it, but it was fun doing it.

4 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL pictures! Is that really Texas? I'd love to frame a few of those. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beth,
    I thought I would stop by again and say hello. I began my Farmer's Wife Quilt blocks yesterday and have thought of you and prayed for you again. I enjoyed looking at your pictures of Texas. I have never been there. My daughter had a job that took her to Texas a number of times and she loved it there. She even considered moving there at one time. I think it is great you can travel and see new things. I was wondering, have you ever thought of writing a book of your journey the last few years? I thought of it several times while reading your blog and the journal you wrote while Jared was in the hospital. You write very well and have a precious relationship with our Lord that you share so nicely. You express your thoughts and feelings well and have experienced God's words speaking to you in a very meaningful way. Your writings have blessed me.
    I am enjoying sewing the Farmer's Wife Quilt blocks. I am impressed how quickly your Mom put the quilt together and sewing by hand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beverly,

    My mother impresses me all the time! :) I still don't know how she sewed it all by hand, I would lose my patience. Glad you are enjoying the blocks, they are beautiful.

    I appreciate your prayers for me. Little did I know that my story would be "found out" through my mom's book. In answer to your question, I've never really put any serious thought into writing a book. Other people have suggested it, but that is as far as my thoughts have gone. I don't know if that will be in my future or not, but it isn't something I am opposed to. It would be difficult to re-live, but I know I was helped by reading other widow stories, knowing I wasn't alone. I guess I will see where God leads!

    Good to hear from you again. I hope you are doing well.

    Blessings,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete