Tuesday, May 17, 2011

May So Far

This month is already half over, it seems like it just started. I think time is going so much faster this year.

The month began with a significant date in my life. It would have been my second wedding anniversary on May 2. I will be honest, it was a little rough, at least rougher than it was last year. I was baffled by that. The only conclusion that I could arrive at was that I had a clearer mind this year. I was much more aware that this chapter of my life is closed.  This date will always be a part of my life, but as time passes the memory of this date will fade.  I don't know exactly why that reality struck me this year, but it did.  I was so grateful for the people that remembered and the ones who didn't even know but when they found out were so supportive.  I am sometimes in awe of how God brings people into your life to walk you through these kinds of days.  They may not even say anything, but for me just knowing that they are there and are either praying for me or just giving me a hug makes all the difference in the world.  For that, I thank you.

Next happening.  I have a garden at my house!!!!  I've never tried to grow anything in Midland so we will see how it goes.  Saturday afternoon was spent fixing sprinklers, digging up some unwanted vines and making the dirt garden worthy.  It took about 5 hours but hopefully in a few months it will be worth it!  We planted tomatoes, zucchini, bell peppers, hot peppers, and cucumbers. There are more plants on the other side, but I only took this picture this morning.   I'm so excited about this!!  




I went out of town this past week to Dallas for a church conference.  My co-workers and I were able to attend a Rangers game while we were there.  They had to stop the game in the middle of it because of rain, but after about 45 minutes the game continued.  I love baseball so it was fun to be able to go to one in person again, even if I am a Braves fan.  We had fun and ate lots of good food that we don't have in Midland.  It was nice to leave Midland for a few days, but I always can't wait to get home.

May has had its ups and downs so far but that isn't stopping me from moving forward.  I am grateful for the past and wouldn't change it, but I'm looking towards the future and what God has planned.

Romans 5:3-5 And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope; and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

One of many beautiful west Texas sunsets

No comments:

Post a Comment