Saturday, October 24, 2009

Fall....

What a beautiful Saturday in west Texas! I had to be out of the house by 7:45 am this morning. My church has a wonderful ministry to single moms and widows called the 'Car Care Clinic'. You can take your vehicle there and they change the oil, check fluid levels and just make sure everything is in proper running condition. Thanks so much to everyone who was giving up their Saturday to help, I appreciated it immensely!

I came home and decided since it was so nice I should get some yard work accomplished. Spent the next hour raking the yard and sweeping the driveway. I love all the trees in my front yard, but I'm beginning to realize this is going to be a weekly chore for many weeks to come. I did remember the gloves this time, so no blisters!! It was so nice to get out into God's creation, while enjoying a high school band playing somewhere near my house. Fall is such a beautiful time!

As I blog, I have the music of Hillsong playing in the background. Sometime this summer, someone sent me the link to the song "Desert Song", and it quickly became one of my favorite songs.

This is my prayer in the desert
And all that's within me feels dry
This is my prayer in the hunger in me
My God is a God who provides

And this is my prayer in the fire
In weakness or trial or pain
There is a faith proved
Of more worth than gold
So refine me Lord through the flames

And I will bring praise
I will bring praise
No weapon forged against me shall remain
I will rejoice
I will declare
God is my victory and He is here

And this is my prayer in the battle
And triumph is still on it's way
I am a conqueror and co-heir with Christ
So firm in His promise I'll stand

All of my life
In every season
You are still God
I have a reason to sing
I have a reason to worship

This is my prayer in the harvest
When favor and providence flow
I know I'm filled to be emptied again
The seed I've received I will sow

I've learned that when I keep my focus on God either by spending time reading His word, working through a Bible study or listening to worship music, my days are so much better!

Today is good, God still God, and I have reasons to sing!

No comments:

Post a Comment