Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Our lives

My first thought has been mulling around in my head since before Mother's Day.  I'm just going to say that I struggle with that day in general.  Is it nice that we take a day to honor our mothers? Yes, it is, BUT, I can't say that I enjoy the day.  It seems lately, that God has put some women in my life who are unable to have children, have had miscarriages or babies they have lost.  I will admit, when the pastor of our church told all the women (not just moms) to stand up so he could pray for all us, I cried for the women I knew who hurt on this day.  I don't know why God chose me to be a mom, there are so many women who would do it better than I do, but He did.  I am thankful for that, but it doesn't diminish how I hurt for other women.  So, next year as you are celebrating a mom, remember those ladies whom God has seen fit to be single or married with no children, and pray that He will give them peace and joy as they seek His will for them in the path He has chosen for them.

Next.  Speaking of children.  Update on Miss E.  She is now 2.5 years old.  She is the spitting image of her dad and acts like him also.  I already see the engineering brain coming out and her memory is uncanny.  If you tell her something, you better follow through because she will remind you.  We have to keep her occupied, she does not like to be bored.  I think reading books is her favorite pastime.  She grabs her tool box and likes to "help" dad with the shed that he is building, however she takes very good care of her dolls and stuffed animals.  Those things are finally receiving names, instead of dog, kitty, baby, etc.   We bought a piano recently for me, (it's so nice) and she puts on her tutu/ruffled skirt and dances while I play.  She did get two things from me......a short temper and I learned last night, while spending time with some friends, how bossy she can be to other kids. Yikes.  She is a joy to us and keeps us very busy.

Mr. E is extremely busy at work.  You would think that with oil prices not being the greatest that things would slow down, but it is just the opposite.  His boss has a lot of confidence in him, so he is put on many projects and committees to figure out different problems.  The better the worker, the more work you get!  The man never stops and is also taking on lots of projects at home.  He's such a great guy, taking care of "his girls" well.

I am still just trying to keep up with both Mr. E and Miss E. Between the two of them I never have a dull moment.  Life is about to change again with the addition of new little one, so I am gearing up for that change.  Otherwise, things don't change much for me.

We found a church that we have been able to plug into. It is a smaller church and I am enjoying it. I had forgotten how nice it is to really know the people that you go to church with.  It has been such a blessing to have like minded people in our lives who have been helping to sharpen us spiritually.  It has felt like being part of a true church family again.

There is a mini update on us, it is time to really begin the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment