Sunday, December 15, 2013

Flipside

I meant to post about 3 weeks ago about the flipside of motherhood, but life got in the way........again.

Here are some of the things that I enjoy about being a mom:

Getting to watch Mr. E with Miss E.  He is a great dad and helps so much.  I love how he prays for "his girls" before he goes to work everyday.  He's got a bunch of ways to get her to smile, it is so cute to watch.

Watching and listening to Miss E sleep.  She squeaks and grunts so much while she sleeps.  She moves around continually and is constantly changing facial expressions, it can be very humorous.  She wakes up very slowly, but is happy when she does. 

Knowing that no matter if she is happy or screaming, changing her diaper will almost always make her smile.  This girl doesn't like "mud on her butt" (quoting Phil Robertson on Duck Dynasty).

Seeing the determination on her face when she "stands up" while we hold her up.  She puts her whole soul into it. 

Observing how her personality is developing.  I think she's got a lot of mine......bummer.

Enjoying how she is starting to get excited when I go to pick her up.  I think she is finally recognizing me!

Waiting for her to wake up from a nap.  Although I love the time to get things done and the "downtime", I do miss her when she is sleeping.  

God has given us a great blessing and it is hard to imagine our lives without her.


2 comments: