Friday, September 30, 2011

A Dilemma

One of the many dilemmas that I have had in my "widow experience" is what to do with my engagement ring.  I've debated many different options over the course of these past few months.  There was no reason for a quick decision, for that matter I really didn't have to make a decision about it at all.  It could have stayed the way it was for many years to come, but for me, I wanted to do something with it.  Last month, I knew that I was finally ready to do something, so I did.  I had it sent to a jewelry store that I know every well and told them that I wanted it made into a necklace.  With little direction from me, they did.  I received it today and it was perfect, just what I wanted.  I have a new piece of jewelry now, it is a change from what it once was, but something I will keep as a reminder.  When I wear it, I want to be reminded God's faithfulness in my life and how He has brought and will bring me through all the changes in my life.  One more dilemma in my life is now solved.


3 comments:

  1. Oh Beth, that's beautiful! I hope you're doing well & enjoying fall in West Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Holly! I just read your post about NYC, hope you have lots of fun, although it sounds like you won't have a problem! Life is great and glad that it is finally cooling off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Beth,
    It is me again. Just wanted to stop by and say hello. I think your engagement ring made into a necklace is beautiful and a very nice reminder of God's faithfulness in your life. You are like a breath of fresh air to me, such a wonderful testimony of our Heavenly Father's love.

    I have made 15 blocks in all, for my Farmer's Wife Quilt. Plodding along slowly. : )I enjoy sewing the blocks, when working on them. I see your Mother's new book is out now.

    Paul said in his letter to the Ephesians in ch1:v2
    "Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."

    in Him,
    Beverly

    ReplyDelete